Small Bourne Shell for 8-bit UN*X

Post by Michael Strat » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for a small, neat, interactive, easy to live with Bourne shell
clone that is written in K&R (not ANSI). We're building an 8-bit UNIX
using bcc (Bruce Evans' C compiler) which understands very little ANSI,
and is designed to be K&R.

If anybody has any neat ideas, or even better a URL, I'd be really
grateful. I'd be interested in something with a Berkeley or GPL style
license.

Michael.

Post by Denari » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I'm looking for a small, neat, interactive, easy to live with Bourne shell
>clone that is written in K&R (not ANSI).

Sounds like you need to see Minix source.  See the adfa site

1. mac2lat1 Convert 8-bit quoted printable characters to 8-bit latin1

Tue 22-Feb-2000: Wrote

 5747 Feb 22 2000 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/unix/ts/mac2lat1
 mac2lat1 Convert 8-bit quoted printable characters to 8-bit latin1

(This means converting the = 7E type of denoted characters.)

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  procmail tips at  http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html

2. NFS not responding: new-old kernel quirks

3. mulaw 8-bit to linear 8-bit conversion

4. fsck question - help!

5. Light Speed Bourne Shell! (was: Bourne shell tricks)

6. Full-duplex not working with i810_audio

7. 8-bit clean shell for Linux?

8. Quotas on Solaris 2.3

9. WANTED: Plain, simple, and SMALL Bourne Shell

10. 8-bit 24-bit visuals ?

11. 8-bit display on 24-bit system?

12. 8-bit ISA > 16-bit MCA, what ADF's?

13. 8-bit vs. 16 bit ISA bus port writes?