stty question

Post by Alain Car » Sat, 18 May 1996 04:00:00

I am using zsh with HP-UX 9.05 and I encountered the following
problem:

set-mark-command.

The problem is I do not have access to this key unless I type

stty -isig

This has the unfortunate side effect that I lose my interrupt
character.

I could bind set-mark-command to another key sequence but I'd rather
keep it this way (for emacs compatibility).

intercepted by the terminal driver while the interrupt character (^C)
gets intercepted and handled properly?

I looked at the man page for stty and tried all options withou any
chance.

Thanks
--

Alain Caron
Bell-Northern Research, Montral, Qubec, Canada

phone: 514-765-7718 or ESN 852-7718

stty question

Post by Fergus Clanc » Sun, 19 May 1996 04:00:00

>I am using zsh with HP-UX 9.05 and I encountered the following
>problem:

>set-mark-command.

>The problem is I do not have access to this key unless I type

>stty -isig

>This has the unfortunate side effect that I lose my interrupt
>character.

>I could bind set-mark-command to another key sequence but I'd rather
>keep it this way (for emacs compatibility).

>intercepted by the terminal driver while the interrupt character (^C)
>gets intercepted and handled properly?

Try doing "stty -a" and then undefine any functions which are bound

e.g.

stty dsusp ^- swtch ^- eol ^-

Fergus Clancy

stty question

Post by Alain Car » Wed, 22 May 1996 04:00:00

> >I am using zsh with HP-UX 9.05 and I encountered the following
> >problem:

> >set-mark-command.

> >The problem is I do not have access to this key unless I type

> >stty -isig

> >This has the unfortunate side effect that I lose my interrupt
> >character.

> >I could bind set-mark-command to another key sequence but I'd rather
> >keep it this way (for emacs compatibility).

> >intercepted by the terminal driver while the interrupt character (^C)
> >gets intercepted and handled properly?

> Try doing "stty -a" and then undefine any functions which are bound

> e.g.
> stty dsusp ^- swtch ^- eol ^-
> Fergus Clancy

Thanks for your suggestion.
I tried it and got the same result.  At least, now I know I do not

--

Post by Brian S Hil » Wed, 22 May 1996 04:00:00

: I am using zsh with HP-UX 9.05 and I encountered the following
: problem:

: set-mark-command.
: The problem is I do not have access to this key unless I type
: stty -isig
: This has the unfortunate side effect that I lose my interrupt
: character.
: I could bind set-mark-command to another key sequence but I'd rather
: keep it this way (for emacs compatibility).

: intercepted by the terminal driver while the interrupt character (^C)
: gets intercepted and handled properly?
: I looked at the man page for stty and tried all options withou any
: chance.

I do not have specific experience with this problem, but what has worked
for me in similar situations in the past is to use the "lnext" operator,
usally control-V, to "literalize" the next character.

-Brian
--
   ,---.     ,---.     ,---.     ,---.     ,---.     ,---.     ,---.
  /  _  \   /  _  \   /  _  \   /  _  \   /  _  \   /  _  \   /  _  \

__,'   `.___,'   `.___,'   `.___,'   `.___,'   `.___,'   `.___,'   `.__

1. Another stty question.

Monday, I posted a question relating to the following:

I'm trying to use stty to set the values of a terminal that I then
want to open with an application I've written.

   I "stty blablabla < /dev/tty00" and when I then look at it with
"stty -a < /dev/tty00", it's values are as they were before my first
stty.

   Several people have told me that this is the way it's supposed
to work.  As I now understand it, the stty opens the port and sets
it's values, but closes the port, undoing the changes, when it
exits.

   I've looked at the man page for stty, and I just don't get it.

   Is there a way to set a port's values, then open that port in
an app while preserving those values, and set additional values
with tcsetattr?

   I've been contracted to do a small project.  I would like the
user to change the com port values without setting entries for
tcsetattr, and then recompiling.  My client wants this program to
be portable between Solaris to DOS, and I want to minimize the
volume of code in conditional compile clauses.

                                                          Thanks
                                                          Larry

2. recvfrom not receiving Packets!

3. Stty Question

4. gateway mitsumi help

5. stty question

6. preload problem

7. apache jserv - servlet security question

8. An stty question

9. Another stty question....

10. stty questions

11. Stty questions for serial port modem

12. Newbie stty question