help sed or awk task

Post by phi » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 14:40:32

1. Help with Sed or Awk task

Can someone please help me with the following:

I'm trying to rip some data out of an xml file and put it into new
files. I have one big file with 75 xml structures and i want to split
each one into its own file. I've been trying to use sed or awk to do
this, but I suck. So can someone help me? I realize perl is probably
better, but i've never used it.

So basically

<Begining of Structure>

<more xml>
<more xml>
<more xml>

<End of Structure>

<Beginning of Structure>
<more xml>
etc....etc...

I want to pull everything from beginning to end and in between into a
new file and the next structure into another file and so on 75 times.

Thanks in advance.

2. Roaring Penguin PPPoE Client

3. sed/awk - generating Makefiles (Re: awk processing of Makefile macros)

4. Screen color balance problem

5. Help with awk/sed word extracting

6. HELP! Cannot (re)set clean flag in superblock! (SunOS 4.1.3_U1)

7. sed and awk help needed

8. Need StarGate ACL drivers for linux

9. Awk, Sed Help

10. sed, awk help

11. beginner: sed or awk help

12. sed or awk? Multiline editing help needed

13. help with sed/awk please