<None>

Post by Bala S. Gut » Fri, 15 Mar 1991 09:37:29

Here is a tcsh problem with SunOS 4.1.1 running on a Sun 4/xxx,
the log of the commands

% cat <xon*
alias: No match.

The error is different on different machines, and it works fine on
SunOs 4.1    Has any on seen this problem? and know of a solution?
The you can replace cat with any command, xo* expands to just on file
xon. (not that that should matter.)

Bala Guthy

1. <None>

        comp.sys.ibm.pc, comp.sys.ibm.pc.misc

Subject: Unix on a PC.

Sender: Rob Payne <repayne>

Date: Mon, 20 Jul 92 15:58:15 EDT

I am sorry if this goes to one or more of the wrong places.

I am looking for a version of Unix that will run on a PC (probably
486/50 or so, but it would be nice if it ran on a 386sx for the time
being.)  I was wondering what versions are out there and what comes
with each?  If you have used some of these versions, one or more, and
have a good idea of what they will do, please let me know what your
thoughts on this are.  Things that I am looking for specifically:

        Space constraints aren't TOO important but I don't necessarily
want anything that is going to take gig's to set up.
        Support for X-windows would be very nice.  (my system will
have SVGA so I guess SVGA-X support would be nice.)
        What does anyone know of GNU portage, do GNU products port to
the DOS versions of UNIX?  This would be especially nice.

        Anything else that you can think of, let me know. (things I
could check into, products that I should avoid, etc.)

                          Thanks in advance.

                                 -Rob

2. force user to change passwd at next login?

3. Linux 6.0 - Workstation install won't go!

4. <none>

5. Stumped.......IPC object opening?

6. smbmount for shared files linux/win95

7. <None>

8. <none>

9. <None>