Getting Sendmail to Read "Reply-To" and "Subject" from file

Getting Sendmail to Read "Reply-To" and "Subject" from file

Post by J. Volkman » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have a cgi program which takes "cgi form" input and writes it to a
file. Then I mail the file to a user for processing.  In Solaris,
sendmail "sees" the Reply-To: and Subject: lines in the file and applies
them to the header. In AIX, the Reply-To: and Subject: are just added to
the message and not seen as part of the header?

The idea is to take incoming data from a particular e-mail address, write
it to a file, then mail the file to another user with the original e-mail
address now as the Reply-To: address.

Can anyone help with this??