Awk to C conversion, AWKCC?

Post by Walter Smi » Fri, 06 Aug 1993 02:21:14

I was reading a book on awk that mentioned a utility
called AWKCC that would convert awk code to C.  Wasn't
able to find a copy of this around; does anyone know
where a copy can be had?

Walter Smith

Awk to C conversion, AWKCC?

Post by S. E. Gro » Fri, 06 Aug 1993 12:08:18

>I was reading a book on awk that mentioned a utility
>called AWKCC that would convert awk code to C.  Wasn't
>able to find a copy of this around; does anyone know
>where a copy can be had?

>Walter Smith

AWKCC can be gotten from the AT&T Tool Chest.

--
        Stephen Grove  Comm. Tech. ESS Pacific Bell

        PacBell.COM!{rtpkh0,rtpkh1}!segrove

1. Lookin' for awk compiler... awkcc?

Hello UNIXovians,

I'm looking for a compiler for awk scripts.  (I've heard of something
called awkcc, which evidently takes a script and translates it into C
source code, but I haven't been able to locate it.)

Basically I seek anything which can speed the execution of my awk
scripts.  Public domain stuff is preferred, of course, but information
about commercial products would be appreciated as well.

Please respond via email.  If there is sufficient response, I will
summarize to this group.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

2. PCI graphics card for linux and NT 4.0

3. Awk base conversion question...

4. Problem using ctrace in SCO Unix

5. ATTN: AWK GURUS!!! (lower to upper conversion)

6. "invalid argument" when trying to mount /dev/cd0c, help !

7. AWK case conversion

8. /etc/lilo/config (was: Re: Booting from HD on a "pure" Linux machine)

9. awk @ hpux makes unwanted numeric conversion

10. Awkcc ?

11. awkcc - where to find?

12. awkcc ?