diff and awk

Post by John F » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

How can I do it in bourne shell, so that I can check who is being logged on
and who is being logged off on the current server?

Using who twice and storing the them into 2 different files.  Then using
diff to get the difference between the 2 files and to just get the first
column of the output using awk.

I am not too sure of the syntax.

diff and awk

Post by Benoit Mar » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello

> How can I do it in bourne shell, so that I can check who is being logged on
> and who is being logged off on the current server?

> Using who twice and storing the them into 2 different files.  Then using
> diff to get the difference between the 2 files and to just get the first
> column of the output using awk.

> I am not too sure of the syntax.

Try it using last(1) command.

regards
--
Benoit MARC

1. Diff and Awk

How can I do it in bourne shell, so that I can check who is being logged on
and who is being logged off on the current server?

Using who twice and storing the them into 2 different files.  Then using
diff to get the difference between the 2 files and to just get the first
column of the output using awk.

I am not too sure of the syntax.

2. Root/boot disk images for rescue floppy for Alpha SX164?

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. Opening Microsoft MS Office Application and Password

5. 2 diff. xservers and diff. resolutions

6. Recompiling Kernel in RH5.0 module errors

7. 2 diff IPs, 2 diff web srvr, 1 machine

8. Finally installed successfully

9. IRC 2.8 racing under Linux(diff GCC's, diff kernels)

10. diff tool that can do intraline diffs?

11. diff DNS server on diff NIC

12. Diff consoles, diff resolutions?

13. Is it possible to have 2 diff posix threads waiting on 2 diff sockets?