Making menus

Post by Jim » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,
Im trying to write a shell script to allow users to add, delete, modify a
record of assignment marks.
However, although it isnt finished, when i test run i t i get an error on
line 23. Have a look at
www.karoo.net/funk/linux.htm
And tell me where im going wrong.
Im using Red Hat 5.2 with bash shell

Making menus

Post by Dav » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Well why don't you just post it to the group? I'm sure you'll get a
lot more help than going to the trouble to save it in a web page.

> Hi there,
> Im trying to write a shell script to allow users to add, delete, modify a
> record of assignment marks.
> However, although it isnt finished, when i test run i t i get an error on
> line 23. Have a look at
> www.karoo.net/funk/linux.htm
> And tell me where im going wrong.
> Im using Red Hat 5.2 with bash shell

1. Reg. Making Menu Driven programs in UNIX environment

Hello,

            I am making an application in which I need to have a menu
driven interface.I am using Sun Solaris
OS.Also I do not want to use X-Windows to make the menu Interface.My
idea is to have menu interface which
is text based (like we have in MS-DOS env. by accessing the video
memory).Is it possible to access video
mem. in UNIX systems ?? And if it is not possible then how can I make
text based menu driven interface ??

To Summarise : 1) I want to know how the attributes of the text to be
displayed can be changed ??
                           2) How to access the info. written to the
screen (so that when a diplayed menu in closed
                                the original contents of the screen can
be restored.)

Thanks in advance.Please reply ASAP.

Dhananjay Shende

2. BootX problems

3. ? on making menu script a users default shell

4. X11 problem Locale not Supported...

5. Reg. Making Menu Driven programs in UNIX environment

6. Position Available - UNIX Sys Admin

7. making new menu's for fvwm(2)

8. MAIL PROBLEMS.....

9. Looking for a Menu Making Program

10. Control Center loses menu after editing menu in menuDrake

11. Slackware setup menu always goes back to menu

12. Debian-menus - can't add own positions to menu