cat vs de-cat

Post by Mei » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I am looking for something that can de-cat (opposite to cat) files.  Is
there any?

Mei

cat vs de-cat

Post by Ken Pizzi » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

>I am looking for something that can de-cat (opposite to cat) files.  Is
>there any?

The opposite of catenation is splitting.  Use "split" (or csplit).

                --Ken Pizzini

cat vs de-cat

Post by bmar.. » Sun, 30 May 1999 04:00:00

   >Hello,
   >I am looking for something that can de-cat (opposite to cat)
   >files.  Is there any?
   >Mei
What do you mean by "opposite to cat"?  Are you looking for tac, which
reverses the lines in a file?  Cat can join files together, split can
turn one file into many, but there is no sure way to split them back into
the original files.

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive

1. CAT 5 vs CAT 6

Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to CAT5 cabling vs CAT6 cabling. I have a
high-end production printer XEROX DC 470ST. I am thinking of setting up
a gigabit network with a Fedora Core print server, my concern is that
the NIC in the printer is a 10/100.

Will I have any problems if I switch to a gigabit network, even though
the NIC in the printer is a 10/100. Does anyone have any advice for me,
before I venture on this mission?

Thanks in advance.

Alen.

2. Serverfactory?

3. cat , lp.cat and streams

4. Creating bootable CD with AIX 4.3.1 for 7248-100

5. Solaris 8 box: cat file | rsh solaris_2.6_box "cat > /dev/null" SLOW

6. INSTALLATION TROUBLE: Kernel Panic on Gateway P5-90

7. cat file > /dev/cua1 vs. cp file /dev/cual ?

8. Window Maker

9. dot (.) vs. eval "`cat ..."`

10. cat vs sed (religous zelots need not reply)

11. Fast Cat 5e cable: stranded vs solid

12. is this useless use of cat? echo abc | rsh machine "cat > file"

13. cat file > /dev/lp0 gives "no such device"