How does an end-of-file work

Post by Michael E. Stor » Sun, 22 Jul 2001 10:18:14

I thought a null byte was an EOF, but I've copied bytes from
/dev/rurandom into a file and the file contains several null bytes which
are not recognised as the EOF.  Can I get these bytes with a head or tail
command?  I know to get the last true byte, you have to do tail -c 2 not tail
-c 1 since -c 1 just gets the null EOF byte.

Mike

1. Does end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (LinuxDoes end-of-file (end-of-page) key work in Netscape 4.03 (Linux

For Netscape 4.03 (stand-alone) under Linux:

I have tried Ctrl-PageDown, Alt-PageDown, Ctrl-End,
Alt-End, Meta->  (Esc->) and many other keystroke combinations
to go the end of web page.

Is there a keystroke to do this that perhaps I haven't tried?

If not, is there a way to fix it perhaps with the addition
of a line in preferences.js or .Xdefaults ?

(Of course, I would like to be able to jump to the top of
the page, also.)

If it's not fixable in 4.03, do the latest versions fix this?

Thanks

P.S. If there's a more appropriate group to post this
message in, please let me know.

NOTE-- Junk mail trap:
To e-mail me, please remove the following word from the
address above: system

2. Solaris 2.2 lpr problems

3. mcopy -t doesn't get rid of DOS end-of-file

4. Apache: IDC and ASP

5. End-of-file & Viewing Binary Files

6. Unrecognized Memory

7. Problem with mksysb:tar:Reached end-of-file before expected.

8. iptraf, how to import ethernet.desc?

9. Reading past end-of-file on DAT tape

10. tar-question: reached end-of-file before expected ???

11. End-of-file marker using dd

12. Sending end-of-file on a socket

13. End of File / End of Block?