One more question - What am I doing wrong?

One more question - What am I doing wrong?

Post by esal.. » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for the speedy reply on my last question but now I have just one
more!

What is wrong with line 5, it seems to not find any files. If I include
the actual filenames it works just fin but I can't get the
wild-cards/globs to work. What I am trying to do is simply retrieve
every file in the remote directory and store it in the local directory.
If anyone is ambitious and would like to add the feature of it only
downloading new or edited files that would really help but just getting
line 5 to work would be just fine!

Also, some files, in the remote directory, are named like aaa.bbb.ccc.gz
and would i wild card like * or like *.*.*.gz?

Can anyone help?

1. #!/bin/sh
2.
##==========================================================================
3. #ftp -ni ftp.something.net << EOF
4. #user myusername mypassword
5. #get /outgoing/*.* /etc/incomming/
6. #bye
7. #EOF
8. #exit

One more question - What am I doing wrong?

Post by Jeremy Sherrif » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

I had dificulty with this myself, and found the easiest solution was just to
change into the directory on the remote machine and local machine.  Also
note you are using get which cannot be given widlcards.  You MUST use mget
(multiple get).  Perhaps try just changing that first, else use:

3. #ftp -ni ftp.something.net << EOF
4. #user myusername mypassword
5. #cd /outgoing
6. #lcd /etc/incoming
7. #mget *
8. #bye
9. #EOF
10. #exit

--
Jeremy Sherriff
Technical Admin

Remove "no-spam" from my e-mail address to reply.

Post by Tony Porcz » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

> What is wrong with line 5, it seems to not find any files. If I
> include the actual filenames it works just fin but I can't get the
> wild-cards/globs to work. What I am trying to do is simply retrieve
> every file in the remote directory and store it in the local
> directory.

You are using DOS globs and making a few other basic mistakes.

Quote:> Also, some files, in the remote directory, are named like
> aaa.bbb.ccc.gz and would i wild card like * or like *.*.*.gz?

No, the wildcard for all of them is the same: *

Quote:> 3. #ftp -ni ftp.something.net << EOF
> 4. #user myusername mypassword
> 5. #get /outgoing/*.* /etc/incomming/
> 6. #bye
> 7. #EOF
> 8. #exit

ftp -ni ftp.something.net << EOF
user myusername mypassword
prompt
bin
mget /outgoing/* /etc/incomming/
bye
EOF
exit

t.

One more question - What am I doing wrong?

Post by Mike » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

You may also wish to check on the prompt command.
Don't know if this would affect anything, but
in an interactive session mget * WITHOUT first
resetting prompt would cause ftp to ask you
about every file to get...

--
Please remove ".nojunkmail" from my
address before replying............

One more question - What am I doing wrong?

Post by Jeremy Sherrif » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

except that I have already turned interactive prompting off with the
command-line -i option.

--
Jeremy Sherriff
Technical Admin

Remove "no-spam" from my e-mail address to reply.

>You may also wish to check on the prompt command.
>Don't know if this would affect anything, but
>in an interactive session mget * WITHOUT first
>resetting prompt would cause ftp to ask you
>about every file to get...

>> I had dificulty with this myself, and found the easiest solution was just
>> change into the directory on the remote machine and local machine.  Also
>> note you are using get which cannot be given widlcards.  You MUST use
mget
>> (multiple get).  Perhaps try just changing that first, else use:

>> 3. #ftp -ni ftp.something.net << EOF
>> 4. #user myusername mypassword
>> 5. #cd /outgoing
>> 6. #lcd /etc/incoming
>> 7. #mget *
>> 8. #bye
>> 9. #EOF
>> 10. #exit

>> --
>> Jeremy Sherriff
>> Technical Admin

>> Remove "no-spam" from my e-mail address to reply.

>> >Thanks for the speedy reply on my last question but now I have just one
>> >more!

>> >What is wrong with line 5, it seems to not find any files. If I include
>> >the actual filenames it works just fin but I can't get the
>> >wild-cards/globs to work. What I am trying to do is simply retrieve
>> >every file in the remote directory and store it in the local directory.
>> >If anyone is ambitious and would like to add the feature of it only
>> >downloading new or edited files that would really help but just getting
>> >line 5 to work would be just fine!

>> >Also, some files, in the remote directory, are named like aaa.bbb.ccc.gz
>> >and would i wild card like * or like *.*.*.gz?

>> >Can anyone help?

>> >1. #!/bin/sh
>> >2.

>##=========================================================================
>> =
>> >3. #ftp -ni ftp.something.net << EOF
>> >4. #user myusername mypassword
>> >5. #get /outgoing/*.* /etc/incomming/
>> >6. #bye
>> >7. #EOF
>> >8. #exit

>--
>Please remove ".nojunkmail" from my
>address before replying............

1. Dual Homed Linux - what am I doing wrong?

I have a RH 5.0 Linux PC setup with two Ethernet interfaces configured and
connected to two different LANs. Each LAN has a way out to the Internet, and
I've disabled IP forwarding on Linux to prevent the PC from routing between
the two LANs (which is my intention). The routing table entries for the first
LAN (eth0) simply has the usual loopback and LAN entries, and a default route
pointing to the gateway to the Internet. This works just fine.

On the eth1 interface, I have set up the Cisco router on the second LAN to use
RIP to broadcast routes on the second LAN. I then configure Linux to run
routed with -q (listen only) so that it can pick up the RIP routes and know to
use the second interface for routes to networks serviced by the Cisco. This
isn't working.

When I start routed -q, I end up with a route to the serial side of the Cisco
(that's good) and a second default route pointing to the Cisco on eth1 is
created (not good). With two default routes, Linux seems to pick the first
available default route when it doesn't know where to go - hence, all my
traffic continues out the eth0 interface when a better path is available on
eth1.

The route table never fills with routes known by the Cisco, so my question is
what am I doing wrong? Is this a known problem with Linux? Why is it creating
a second (and useless) default route instead of filling up with routes learned
via RIP?

Dan Peterka

2. Installing a new "ld.so"

3. Am I doing something wrong?? - (SAMBA)

4. Syslog

5. KNode (No Caching) - What am I doing no wrong

6. xf86 on Toshiba Satellite 320CDS

7. gethostbyname misbehavior - what am i doing wrong.

8. CT65550 acernote netscape java BUSERROR

9. What am I doing wrong?????

10. Ip-Masquerade and games over the net...what am I doing wrong????????

11. What I am doing wrong?

12. sendmail config -- what am I doing wrong?

13. What am I doing wrong?