GNU tools - are they better than Solaris 2.5 ?

GNU tools - are they better than Solaris 2.5 ?

Post by Jim McKinty » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Good Day

Can someone tell me whether the GNU versions of grep and sed are more efficient than
the native versions in Solaris 2.5 ?

Thanks

Jim

1. GNU Tools for Sparc Solaris 2.5

Is there somewhere where I can find the GNU tools ( gcc, gdb, bison, etc )
precompiled for Sparc Solaris 2.5?  I found some in
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/gnu/solaris-pkgs/sparc but I can't seem to
get pkgadd to work on the files.  Is there some trick to it?  I'm quite
new to the world of SunOS/Solaris so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. SMTP problems with net-2

3. in solaris 2.5, which "ld" works with gcc better ?

4. Root can't login after changing hostname!

5. Solaris 2.5(x86) ---ppp---> NT 3.51, anyone has a better luck?

6. How can I catch some "KEY WORDS" from a text file without opening it?

7. gnu gcc comipler binaries for solaris 2.5?

8. DESPERATE!- Need help with floppy drive!!!

9. Solaris 2.5 / threads / GNU compiler

10. gnu gcc comipler binaries for solaris 2.5?

11. GNU binaries Solaris 2.5 X86

12. GNU C/C++ Binaries for Solaris 2.5

13. How can I make the GNU C, C++ compiler work under Solaris 2.5 x86?