tcsh-6.06 and HP-UX 10.xx

Post by Joachim Schnitte » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hello World,
Has anyone ever ported tcsh-6.06 to the HP-UX 10.xx environment?
All my attempts to build it either with the native C compiler or
gcc-2.7.2.1 failed. I keep getting an executable eating up all virtual
memory within a minute. Since tcsh-6.06 is now almost two years old
HP-UX 10.xx has not yet been entered into the configuration database.
If someone could give me a hint what to do ... or point me to the right
newsgroup if there is a more appropriate one.
Please post and reply by E-mail.
Thank you very much,
Joachim

"This posting does not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer."

tcsh-6.06 and HP-UX 10.xx

Post by Jeremy Mathe » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello World,
>Has anyone ever ported tcsh-6.06 to the HP-UX 10.xx environment?
>All my attempts to build it either with the native C compiler or
>gcc-2.7.2.1 failed. I keep getting an executable eating up all virtual
>memory within a minute. Since tcsh-6.06 is now almost two years old
>HP-UX 10.xx has not yet been entered into the configuration database.
>If someone could give me a hint what to do ... or point me to the right
>newsgroup if there is a more appropriate one.

You can get a binary via ftp from: tor.teorfys.lu.se

Or, you can get the source code patch from primate.wisc.edu (or something
like that)...

Or, you can download and install tcsh 6.07 wherein the HP stuff is folded
into the stock distribution.

It is really up to you!

La plus belle fille du monde ne peut
donner que tout ce qu'elle a.

          hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, every time he posts -
rwvpf wpnrrj ibf ijrfer

tcsh-6.06 and HP-UX 10.xx

Post by Joachim Schnitte » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Thanks a lot. But where can I get tcsh-6.07?  I looked at
ftp.ee.cornell.edu which AFIK has been the home of tcsh,
but could not find a version newer that 6.06.
Thank you in advance,
Joachim

tcsh-6.06 and HP-UX 10.xx

Post by Peter Smulder » Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Thanks a lot. But where can I get tcsh-6.07?  I looked at
> ftp.ee.cornell.edu which AFIK has been the home of tcsh,
> but could not find a version newer that 6.06.
> Thank you in advance,
> Joachim

Try ftp.deshaw.com/pub/tcsh/
--
Peter

1. tcsh on HP-UX 10.x - anyone gotten it to compile/work?

Today, I tried to build tcsh on an HP-UX machine (running version
10.something of the OS)  I downloaded the latest version (6.06) from
ftp.deshaw.com.  I used the hpux8 config file (there is a config file for
hpux7 and for 8; 8 is the latest, though)

It compiled OK (except got warning: macro CR0 redefined on just about every
compile, but only a warning), but when I run it, it gives msg "Out of memory".

As far as I could tell, the compile/build went OK.  Anyone have any better
luck with this?  Anyone have a binary they could send?

"The rich are different from you and me."
                - Fitzgerald -
"Yes.  They have more money."
                - Hemmingway -

          hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, every time he posts -
rwvpf wpnrrj ibf ijrfer

2. 3c905B TX (tornado) in 2.2.12 - insmod complains

3. tcsh for HP-UX 10.x

4. Peer is not authorized...

5. Problem linking tcsh-6.00 on HP-UX 7.03

6. Http reverse proxy depending on header fields

7. 10.xx.xx.xx network?

8. pwconv and npasswd

9. Difference between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20

10. Term 1.18pl6 and a remote HP-UX 9.xx

11. HP-UX 9.xx

12. Solaris 10 06/06 release date?

13. News group for HP-UX 10.x?