redirecting input to output

Post by Thomas Guettle » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

hi, tried something for hours, would be
nice if someone could help:

echo 7 | ???   | cat

what must be in ??? so that i get the 7 printed?
it should behave like "echo 7 | cat"

The background problem:

the server foo.bar.org gets my email,
but I want it forwarded to me.bar.org.
So I write a .forward with

But on me.bar.org I want to use procmail,
so I would like to have a .forward like
that "|/usr/bin/procmail".
But unfurtunately me.bar and foo.bar have
the same NFS and procmail is only
available at me.bar.org.

My solution .forward would be:

"|$HOME/bin/pipe_if_uname_eq_me"

and pipe_if_uname_eq_me would only pipe
if the "uname -n" eq "me.bar.org"

Any idears, thanx in advance
--

http://www.interface-business.de

redirecting input to output

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>hi, tried something for hours, would be
>nice if someone could help:

>echo 7 | ???   | cat

>what must be in ??? so that i get the 7 printed?
>it should behave like "echo 7 | cat"

Uh, how about "cat"?

echo 7 | cat | cat | cat | ... | cat

Throw as many as you want in there, the result will be the same (except
slower).

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

Post by brian hile » Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> The background problem:

If I understand the nature of the problem:

man tee

-Brian

1. Redirecting input and output to serial port

Pl help:
With no keyboard attached to an Ultra, serial port I/O
is being redirected to ttya. I am able to view the
output by using VT100 terminal emulation software in
a PC. However, it is not accepting any input from
my PC keyboard. so i am not able to login at login prompt.
I have set the correct parameters for VT100term:
9600baud, 8N1
What are the other things to be checked here?
thanks in advance

2. Real time clock in shell

3. Help: redirecting process input/output

4. Still struggling with xvidtune and XF86Config

5. How to redirect input/output to local&remote display

6. SB LIVE SETUP HELP!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

7. Redirecting output of one device to the standard input of another

8. ANNOUNCE: Experienced System administrator needed!

9. Redirecting program output to script input

10. Redirecting input to a file - echo the input to screen/file?

11. awk-outputting input line in specified output line

12. How to read redirected input?

13. Redirecting input