cd and restricted shell

Post by Karl Slot » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Is there a way to allow users to cd within their home directory when
using a restricted shell such as 'rksh' or 'rsh'?

Thanks.

Karl Sloth
Web Administrator
Silicon Reef, Inc.

1. restricted shell/restricting login

A while ago I posted a question about how to restrict logins to our
ultrix systems.  Someone sent me a C or shell script which I'm
embarassed to say I've misplaced.  I think is was called "syslogin".
Please re-send it to me, whoever you are (were).

Here's the problem I wish to solve:

What I want to do is split the modem pool into 2 numbers - one for
students and one for faculty/staff.

I want to the login procedure to check which terminal server a connection
is coming from.  The procedure should then check the account and see if that
account is entitled to connect from that terminal server...if so,
then continue normally, if not then print a message like "Please dial
the number xxx-xxxx".

We have DEC terminal servers (I don't wish to use lat groups) and
Ultrix 4.2a.

I'm certain I'm not re-inventing the wheel here.  Any comments, suggestions
and pointers are most welcome.

Thanks in advance...
-

Trent University Computing & Telecommunications  tel: (705)748-1540
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 7B8           fax: (705)748-1246

2. linuxconf causes Segmentation Fault

3. restricted shell or restricted access

4. Survey on NIS configuration and experience

5. restricted shell - not so restrict

6. Modem problem (no OK, CONNECT, etc.)

7. using cd in restricted shell

8. Please help: dbx with gcc/g++

9. cd and restricted shells

10. restricted shell (no cd out of home directory)

11. rksh shell, how do i stop .profile from loading in restricted shell

12. Restricted Shell Script for Free Shell