zsh help !

Post by Krzysztof Mode » Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Help me please where can I find any information about zsh
excpt man (I have already RTFM :-)). Thanks in advance !

                Krzysztof Moder
                Instytut Elektroniki i Telekomunikacji
                Politechnika Poznanska

                W3  :   under continuous construction

                Old hackers don't die  they just turn into
                zombie-processes

zsh help !

Post by Richard Colema » Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Help me please where can I find any information about zsh
> excpt man (I have already RTFM :-)). Thanks in advance !

Check out the zsh web site.  Read the FAQ.  If that doesn't
answer your questions, then join one of the zsh mailing lists.

http://www.mal.com/zsh/    (or)
ftp.math.gatech.edu:/pub/zsh/

Richard Coleman

1. KSH/ZSH Help...

Hello all,

I am VERY new to unix. (I kinda know xenix)

Now that everyone know what level I am coming from, I need some help with
KSH, or even ZSH.

First off, my preference is to use ZSH, but I would like a common interface
between my unix account, and my OS/2 system at home.  And I don't think
there is a zsh for OS/2 (Somebody, please correct me if I am wrong).  But I
do have a ksh port for OS/2.  But anyway, this is my problem.

The system that my unix account on (NetCom) uses as a default csh.  And I
cannot find any example .profile or .kshrc type file that set up the
environment in the ksh (or zsh) way.  Actually, I did find a couple example
files for zsh, but I could never get the path to be correct.  All I got was
what seemed like a default path (. ~ /etc/bin /bin) and not the normal path
I get in csh.  I even took the path that was being set in .cshrc and stuck
the path info in the .zshenv file.  But anyway..

If anyone out there is willing to take a little time to help this diehard
OS/2 fanatic embrace the wonders of unix, I would appriciate it a great
deal.

Thank you in advance...
-David

--

2. Please help me with this Dip/slip frustration

3. zsh: problem starting zsh xterm after upgrading glibc

4. RH5.0 and smbmount/smbumount

5. Where to get Intro to zsh.ps and zsh.info

6. frecover from fbackup of online backups

7. A question about zsh and wildcards; zsh and history

8. Problems with Kernel 1.1.93

9. Help Zsh!!

10. Help building a zsh

11. Help: Need zsh binary for Dec OSF 3.x

12. help: file existence in zsh

13. Help with zsh/.zshrc lines