tracing csh execution to track down a "variable name too long error"

tracing csh execution to track down a "variable name too long error"

Post by Shashi Shekhe » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 07:53:08

Under bash, the -x option allows one to see exactly what command is
executing at each point of sourcing a bash script.

What equivalent option exists for csh?

As background, we are getting a "variable name too long" error when
sourcing our .cshrc from within an Emacs shell.

tracing csh execution to track down a "variable name too long error"

Post by Heiner Marx » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:39:43

Quote:>Under bash, the -x option allows one to see exactly what command is
>executing at each point of sourcing a bash script.

>What equivalent option exists for csh?

set verbose
csh option -v
tcsh option -V might also be helpful.
RTFM.

Quote:>As background, we are getting a "variable name too long" error when