Ps Recommend Good Unix Shell Programming Books & URLs

Ps Recommend Good Unix Shell Programming Books & URLs

Post by Moorshidee B A Kass » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Greetings:

I want to write some scripts for unix (HP-UX). I am also looking for
ideas to automate some of system administration tasks with scripts.

Can someone pls recommend good unix shell programming books & urls?

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Moorshidee B A Kassim

Ps Recommend Good Unix Shell Programming Books & URLs

Post by Andrew Port » Tue, 16 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>I want to write some scripts for unix (HP-UX)....

>Can someone pls recommend good unix shell programming books & urls?

Well, depending on the shell, and also based on your O/S, I would try Barry
Rosenburg's Kornshell Programming Tutorial by Hewlett Packard Press. ISBN
0-201-56324-X.

In addition to this, the manual page for ksh is generally very good, and
mentions most (if not all) the bits and pieces needed, if maybe somewhat
briefly with no examples.

You might also need a good sed and awk reference (O'Reilly's is the best).

Andrew Porter
http://www.defsdoor.demon.co.uk

Ps Recommend Good Unix Shell Programming Books & URLs

Post by Heiner Steve » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Can someone pls recommend good unix shell programming books & urls?

You may find shell script examples at

        http://www.oase-shareware.org/shell/examples.html

and URLs at

        http://www.oase-shareware.org/shell/links.html

Heiner

/ Heiner's SHELLdorado: http://www.oase-shareware.org/shell/ /
ZZW:q!^X^C^DYES^M^JQXexit^Mquit^M^C^C^Z^?^Qq^[xxxalles kacke

1. Can anyone recommend some good shell programming reference books?

The title says it all really... I would like references to some good general
shell programming / reference books, to cover skill levels varying from
novice to experienced, for sh and csh. I'm also interested in good books for
specific commands, such as `The Awk Programming Language'.

Thanks for any help.  8^)

2. What to do

3. Need good books on Advanced UNIX programming, Standard Unix C APIs

4. Can RAID be insmoded?

5. recommended unix C programming books

6. can 'fdformat /dev/fd0' destroy drive ?

7. Recommend me books for Unix C/C++ and Motif Programming

8. KDE 1.1 oddity

9. best unix programming book recommend

10. recommend books on unix kernel or low level programming

12. Good books on Bourne Shell programming

13. Good shell programming book?