controlling ksh commands from NT or DOS

Post by seth.tay.. » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I wanted to know if it's possible to run a unix command from Windows
NT/98/95 or a Dos window.

What I am trying to do is automate the RCS source control
checkin/checkout process for windows users.  I am writing an interface
that transfers file to a Linux box under Kornshell, but I don't know
how, or if it's possible, to run the RCS commands to checkin/checkout
the modules.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Seth Taylor

Post by Ken Pizzi » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>I wanted to know if it's possible to run a unix command from Windows
>NT/98/95 or a Dos window.

>What I am trying to do is automate the RCS source control
>checkin/checkout process for windows users.  I am writing an interface
>that transfers file to a Linux box under Kornshell, but I don't know
>how, or if it's possible, to run the RCS commands to checkin/checkout
>the modules.

I'm not sure that I'm understanding your problem correctly, but
here are some takes on what I think you're asking...

You can use telnet/ssh/rsh from the windos box to the *nix box
and run the RCS commands on the *nix box.  Or you can NFS export the
*nix filesystem and NFS mount it to the windos box, and run
a windos port of RCS on the windos box.  Or you could set up
an X server on the *nix box, and run a xterm-like client on
the windos box and run the RCS commands through this terminal.

                --Ken Pizzini

1. Remote control DOS/Windows 3.1x/95/98/NT/OS2 WARP from UNIX!

International Software Solutions is pleased to announce that R.S.M.
Java Manager BETA 1.0 is now available. Register at www.iss2you.com
to receive it by email.Install it, test it and tell us what you think of it.
Thanks for your trust.- International Software SolutionsOVERVIEW
R.S.M. JAVA Manager is the JAVA component of Remote Services
Management, the remote control and remote distribution solution. It
will enhance R.S.M. capabilities to manage heterogeneous
environments. R.S.M. JAVA Manager is designed to allow fast and easy
remote control operations from any JAVA compatible platform. R.S.M.
JAVA Manager provides similar features with the R.S.M. standard
Manager, and will allow you to control any PC running a R.S.M. Client
(version 3.0 or higher).KEY FEATURES
* Control any PC system (Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, DOS,
  OS/2) from any computer which supports Java, regardless of its
  operating system (Including SUN OS, UNIX, MAC OS, etc.).
* Manage remote access in total security using passwords and logon
identifiers.
* Benefit from all the current client module features (except files
transfer).
* Connect and control any existing version of the R.S.M. Client
  module (from 3.0 and higher) * Number of colors : monochrome, 16 or  256.
* Change compression
* Once connected features: key combination, Client screen blanking,
  remove Client wallpaper, reboot,...CONTACT US
For any comments/requests or technical assistance pleasecontact:
  http://www.iss2you.com

2. Sendmail prob

3. LILO control over NT, 95 and Messy-DOS?

4. Optical Storage Performance AMASS, Oracle & HP-UX

5. Dos-like command for ksh / tsh

6. redraw prob in x

7. Remote control DOS/Windows 3.1x/95/98/NT/OS2 WARP from UNIX!

8. RAM

9. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

10. Linux loopback command -- Win NT/Win95 /DOS equivalent?

11. ksh: 2 Q's, command completion & command history?

12. LINUX, NT and DOS - LILO or NT boot pgm?

13. LINUX, NT and DOS - LILO or NT boot pg