tcsh - autologout question

Post by Tony J Yeat » Wed, 22 Jan 1992 04:07:40

When I su to another login from my tcsh window, it automatically logs me out after
a while (I'm not sure what the amount of time is, prob. 60mins.).  Fair enough, this
is a tcsh feature after all.  So I checked the man page, and unset autologout using:-

unsetenv autologout

in the .cshrc of the user that I su to.

The problem is, I still get logged out automatically!  (Should I use just "unset" instead,
or am I missing something here?).  When I do an "env" autologout is not shown in the
list of environment variables.

tcsh - autologout question

Post by Charles Hann » Thu, 23 Jan 1992 11:00:54

Quote:

> [...]

> unsetenv autologout

> [...]

> The problem is, I still get logged out automatically!  (Should I use
> just "unset" instead,

> [...]

Correct.

1. TCSH Autologout question.

I'm using tcsh shell and I keep getting autologuts.  Does anyone know
how to turn off this feature?  Our system administrator didn't know how,
so please be specific.  Mail would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dennis

2. Seyon and Mgetty - Is there anything I should know about!!!

3. Question about "autologout" in tcsh

4. QT interprocess communication

5. autologout in tcsh

6. Firewalls

7. IPFW & dummynet question

8. tcsh - autologout problem

9. Pine won't let tcsh autologout

10. tcsh : autologout[2] doesn't watch for shadowing

11. tcsh logs me out (NOT autologout); why?

12. autologout/lock on tcsh ...