Help needed with font size

Post by pankaj_wolfhun.. » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 00:25:12

Greetings,
               I have a script that does record count comparison of
tables (in oracle) and brings out a report that shows the table name
and their respective counts.
The problem here is that I am not able to get all counts within a
single line. It wraps the result on to next line for a single table and
distorts the shape of report.
Is there a way to reduce the font of words within a file or any one
suggest some other way.
Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Help needed with font size

Post by Chris F.A. Johnso » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 00:36:59

> Greetings,
>                I have a script that does record count comparison of
> tables (in oracle) and brings out a report that shows the table name
> and their respective counts.
> The problem here is that I am not able to get all counts within a
> single line. It wraps the result on to next line for a single table and
> distorts the shape of report.
> Is there a way to reduce the font of words within a file or any one
> suggest some other way.

   If the file is a text file, there are no font sizes in the file. If
   you want to fit something on one line, use a wider window or a
   smaller font in that window.

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson, author              <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
   ===== My code in this post, if any, assumes the POSIX locale

Help needed with font size

Post by pankaj_wolfhun.. » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:33:10

> > Greetings,
> >                I have a script that does record count comparison of
> > tables (in oracle) and brings out a report that shows the table name
> > and their respective counts.
> > The problem here is that I am not able to get all counts within a
> > single line. It wraps the result on to next line for a single table and
> > distorts the shape of report.
> > Is there a way to reduce the font of words within a file or any one
> > suggest some other way.

>    If the file is a text file, there are no font sizes in the file. If
>    you want to fit something on one line, use a wider window or a
>    smaller font in that window.

> --
>    Chris F.A. Johnson, author              <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
>    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)
>    ===== My code in this post, if any, assumes the POSIX locale
>    ===== and is released under the GNU General Public Licence

Thanks Chris

1. Need help with size of fonts

Hi,

I just installed a new video card (NVidia TNT2 Model 64 w/32MB of RAM) and
it work just fine.  Maybe a little too good!  All of my fonts are so small I
can't read a darn thing!  When I run "Xconfigurator" I can change the
resolution (i.e. from 1600x1200 to 800x600) but nothing works.  I even tried
640x480 with no luck.  Can anyone tell me how to get bigger fonts?  Thanks
for your help.

Lamar

2. AIX script

3. creating a new process

4. Needing help to change font size on X

5. I cannot find what is going...

6. Need Help Changing printer font size with Netscape under OS5.

7. Zsh: Temporarily disable history expansion

8. How to reduce the font size of menu bar??..help help help.....

9. Changing AixTerm font/font size

10. Fonts are to small at 1600x1200, How I can change all fonts to a larger size?

11. How do I set the default font and font size for XTerm

12. point size vs pixel size of fonts