Mawk, a version of new awk

Post by Michael D Brenn » Wed, 01 May 1991 23:11:55

Mawk 0.97, an implementation of awk as defined in
Aho, Kernighan and Weinberger, The AWK Programming Language,
Addison-Wesley, 1988
can be obtained by anonymous ftp from oxy.edu (134.69.1.2).

Mike Brennan

1. GNU m4 and chess work, awk, mawk and sort don't.

GNU m4 1.0 compiles without effort and runs, I suggest to use it as
standard Linux m4.

GNU chess 3.1 also compiles without effort.  I only compiled it for fun,
but it seems to work too.

I compiled both GNU awk 2.13 and mawk 1.1 (also without effort), but
both fail with the same problem:

and mawk work on SunOS 4.1.1 as expected.  I used gcc 1.40 as compiler,
on both Linux and SunOS.

sort from the GNU fileutils 3.2 compiles ok, but hangs in an infinite
loop.

I appreciate any hints.

If you post follow-ups, please send me a copy per email during next
month, I will post a summary when I am back from vacation.

Michael

2. Make Clean Error

3. AWK/NAWK/GAWK/MAWK

4. Sync Harddisc Problem

5. Am I using old-AWK or new-AWK?

6. Lotus Notes SMTP/MTA - Linux - sendmail and back

7. New version of the IPMI driver (version 23)

8. Win95 rewriting Linux partition?

9. replacing old version of netscape with new version

10. Installing new patch version w/o backing out old version

11. 3c59x new version, help me please with the new kernels

12. New linux/UNIX programs collection - new version of RXVT and more

13. New kernels and new commercial versions?