How to create a pseudo user w/ su as user?

How to create a pseudo user w/ su as user?

Post by ylli » Tue, 11 Oct 1994 11:50:21

[ Article crossposted from comp.unix.questions ]
[ Author was yllis ]
[ Posted on Mon, 10 Oct 1994 02:30:29 GMT ]

 Hi, all:

 I'd like to create a pseudo user from a user point of view (I'm not sysadm).
 I manpaged su, and found that I could start a fresh shell with su, but
 could not change uid, say, my user's name is me, after su, I'd like to
 see my user's name changed to mesu when I do 'who am i'

 So, Q: is su the command to perform the above?
     Q2: if yes, how to?
     Q3: if not, what command, and how to do it, if a user's previliged to?

1. How to create a pseudo user w/ su as user?

 Hi, all:

 I'd like to create a pseudo user from a user point of view (I'm not sysadm).
 I manpaged su, and found that I could start a fresh shell with su, but
 could not change uid, say, my user's name is me, after su, I'd like to
 see my user's name changed to mesu when I do 'who am i'

 So, Q: is su the command to perform the above?
     Q2: if yes, how to?
     Q3: if not, what command, and how to do it, if a user's previliged to?

2. INTEL595 ethernet card.

3. need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

4. Jumpstart Solaris from Linux

5. su to USER and execute commands as USER

6. DHCP timeout?

7. "Shutdown" user (was Rerstrincting su to user)

8. Linux (RedHat) on an IBM PS/2

9. need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

10. need to restrict users from doing a su to a selected group of users

11. How to create a user account that's su-able but not login-able?

12. how to create a user, which can't be su'd to ?

13. user user mailbox doesn't exist; how do I create?