formatting shell scripts

Post by Derkjan de Haa » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:43:58

Hi,

I'm looking for beautifier for shell scripts, something that does roughly
the same as 'indent' does for C source code. Can someone recommend me a tool
?

regards,

Derkjan

formatting shell scripts

Post by Faux_Pseu » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:59:18

open the file in emacs
emacs filename.sh

then type the following C is control ESC is escape
Cx h
ESC C\

then save it
Cx Cs

and quit
Cx Cc

and whalla instantly formated

--(Once apon a time, in comp.unix.shell,)--
                --(Derkjan de Haan said it like only they can.)--

Quote:> Hi,

--
--(UIN=66618055)--

GUI's are for slackers.  ibpconf.sh 6.1 on freshmeat.net
The easiest way to customize the command line.  By Faux_Pseudo

It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
        - Andrew Jackson