mapping arrows keys with stty

Post by vpia.. » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

What's the name of the arrow keys (up, down, right down, pageup and
pagedown) in stty command ?

Thank's

Vince.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Barry Margoli » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>What's the name of the arrow keys (up, down, right down, pageup and
>pagedown) in stty command ?

The tty driver doesn't know about arrow keys, so there's nothing about them
in stty.

Post by Ken Pizzi » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>What's the name of the arrow keys (up, down, right down, pageup and
>pagedown) in stty command ?

The stty command doesn't have names for these keys.  Curses and
X systems do, but stty works on a lower level of abstraction.

That stty even has settings for "erase" and "kill" is purely a
sop to the annoying habit that humans have of making mistakes;
those settings really don't belong in a serial line driver.
  ;-)

                --Ken Pizzini

Post by bmar.. » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

   >unix.shell:76410 What's the name of the arrow keys (up, down, right
   >down, pageup and pagedown) in stty command ?

They aren't mentioned in stty.  Look in termcap or terminfo.

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive

1. Mapping "up arrow key" to history

Hi,

Does anyone know how to "tie" the "up" and "down" arrow keys
to the scrolling of previous commands in csh. I half guessed
you have to use the 'stty' command with a corresponding variable.
I tried (after doing a "man stty"):

      stty history key

but stty doesn't know what history means. Am I going the right
way about this? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Mucho gracias,

Philip

2. Symbolic links to nfs mount

3. Add ksh arrow keys mappings to FAQ?

4. SMC and JAVA error

5. Arrow key mapping

6. A way to install *.bff form cmd line?

7. ide tcq support, 2.5.40-bk

8. Arrow key mapping in emacs

9. How to use bindkey to map control arrow keys?

10. stty -g output mapping to stty -a output

11. Processing arrow keys, function keys, etc.

12. Distinquishing escape key from arrow and function keys