Script to FTP from Unix to a Windows NT server

Script to FTP from Unix to a Windows NT server

Post by Jyothi Nagara » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I need to write a script to FTP files
from a directory on the Unix file
system to a Windows NT machine.
I need to be able to give the username
and password to the ftp command in the
script itself. Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jyothi

Post by Bryan Gre » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>Hello,

>I need to write a script to FTP files
>from a directory on the Unix file
>system to a Windows NT machine.
>I need to be able to give the username
>and password to the ftp command in the
>script itself. Any suggestions are
>appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Jyothi

I do this all the Time.... Piece of Cake..

I set up a .netrc file in home directory
of my unix account.  The contents look like
this

Quote:> machine  kp-msds04   login oracle password oracle

Where the server is kp-msds04
the login id (for nt) is oracle
and the password is oracle

command looks like this

Quote:>  ftp -iv kp-msds04 < push.tmp

where push.tmp contains the ftp commands.

The only catch is that you need an FTP daemon on your
NT machine.