Key Bindings in bash

Post by i12k.. » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
This might be a silly stuff to ask.. but,...

I use bash on Sun Solaris 2.6, CDE setup.
I would like to bind some keys, at startup, for some specific functions.
eg.
if I press the F8 key, I should get a new xterm, OR, if I press
CTRL+ALT+S
the screen should be locked etc.
I tried the 'bind' keyword in bash, but, if I use something like,
  bind '"KEY" "TODO"'
Only TODO is getting printed.
Also I would like to know about how to represent the Alt+3 etc keys ?

Thanking in advance,
i12know

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. ppp and ipnat questions (warning: newbie alert)

3. key binding in bash

4. Workshop C++ FLEXlm problem

5. bash key binding

6. saving windows layout

7. Setting bash key bindings in .inputrc

8. RPCGEN problem on Solaris 2.4; [execv: No such file or directory] ???

9. bash command line editing with vi key bindings

10. bash key binding problem

11. reconfiguring key bindings in bash -- help

12. bash edit key binding question

13. Bash key bindings