bad option(s) in sh

Post by Peter Riocreu » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Apologies if this is a faq, but I couldn't find it...

I am trying to use a script that starts with the three lines:
#!/usr/bin/sh

        if 0;
which as far as I understand switches the interpreter of the remainder
of the file from sh to perl without changing pid, or something like
that.  My problem is that sh (I assume) complains about the -S,
saying:
-S: bad option(s)
and terminates.  This file is part of the teTeX*distribution (it
is ps2frag), so I cannot really believe it is buggy _and_ nobody in
comp.text.tex responded to my question about it, so I have to assume
it is something in my setup.  The question is, what?  I use csh as my
interactive shell on SunOS 4.1.4

Anyone able to help?

Pete

--
Peter Riocreux, Electronic Eng, Univ. of Sheffield,  | Opinions are mine
Mappin St, SHEFFIELD S1 3JD, GB. Tel +44 114 2825181 |  - any similarity

<http://www.veryComputer.com/~eee/esg/staff/par_prof.html> | is coincidental.

1. NFS wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock, etc

When I try to mount a TCPware VMS NFS export, I get this message:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
server.domain.com:/mnt/mountpoint,
or too many mounted file systems . "
I have an NT box running Intergraph NFS that can successfully mount this
export.
I can also mount the NT NFS export with the Caldera
2.2 Linux box using the same mount command syntax.
Anyone get this message and get it to work?

Thanks,

John Eberhardt

2. Q: can Squid or Apache do this?

3. mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,

4. passing ENV to Apache modules

5. Execute a sh script under perl and sh: sh script; perl script?

6. Porting JDK1.2.2 to OpenBSD

7. CSH !~ option in BOURNE-SH

8. Help! Segmentation Faults.

9. is 'if' possible in /bin/sh when option -e is set ?

10. sh ques: options and variable renaming

11. 014 Bad Bad Bad !!! for Linux

12. Bad, bad, bad VM behaviour in 2.4.10

13. which option I can set in bash/sh to make nohup default