How to make a global cshrc on Solaris

Post by Jesse Flore » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi:

I already read through the FAQ stuff--but it was general.  I think it
said it
depended on your UNIX OS.  This question is specific to Solaris.

I can add "limit descriptors 256" to ~/.cshrc but want this to work
for everyone logging into the system.  I tried to modify /etc/login
to no avail.

I saw a reference to /etc/cshrc, something I had not heard about.
But creating an /etc/cshrc does no good.  (Works fine if
I source it, but not when I login.)

Can you help.

--Jesse Flores

1. global cshrc files ?

Is it possible to make global .cshrc-files for csh and tcsh,
that are exec'd before the users own .cshrc-file ?

My system is Sun 4/330 with SunOS 4.1.1

Hope this ain't a FAQ or RTFM-question.

Please answer by e-mail and I shall summarize to comp.unix.shell.

                                Bonde
--

Systemadministrator, Datakontoret, Aarhus University
Phone     : +45 86 20 27 11 ext. 4993

Monday    : 10-12
Tuesday   : 10-14
Wednesday :  9-11
Friday    : 12-13

2. No sound (yes I searched the archives)

3. How to terminate a global cshrc-file

4. Solaris 8 remote Xsun display problems.

5. global cshrc/login file?

6. Unresolved Symbols

7. global .login/.cshrc without modify the user copy

8. Help a poor root on Linux

9. global cshrc files ? (SUMMARY)

10. How to terminate a global cshrc-file

11. Wups, forgot something -- Re: [Q] global .login/.cshrc

12. .cshrc -- how do I access (set filec) or made it to work

13. Making C into hyper text (GLOBAL-1.5 for FreeBSD)