ftp'ng without changing original file date

ftp'ng without changing original file date

Post by Paol » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I would ask you how is possible to transfer a file
keeping its original date, and not having the new
host's system date instead.

Thanks in advance for your help ,
kind regards.

Paolo

Post by bmar.. » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

   >Hi everybody,
   >I would ask you how is possible to transfer a file
   >keeping its original date, and not having the new
   >host's system date instead.
Ftp it as a tar or tar.gz file.

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive

ftp'ng without changing original file date

Post by James A. William » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

You could use rcp with the -p parameter.

> Hi everybody,

> I would ask you how is possible to transfer a file
> keeping its original date, and not having the new
> host's system date instead.

> Thanks in advance for your help ,
> kind regards.

> Paolo

1. Append to files in tar-file but don't change originals.

A usenet archive stocks thousands of files donated by the public in a
directory tree that is 4 layers deep.

The archive is available as one complete gzipped tar file, or as
individual files vi ftp.

The usefulness of adding the contents of a "Copying" file to the end
of each file in the tarfile (but not in the original collection) is
being considered.

Is there a way to do this using perhaps :
tar cf Fullset.tar `find . -type f -exec something \; -print`

That's just a shot. Please disregard it if there's a nicer way.
Creating a huge set of temp-files to be tarred and then deleted ust be
avoided, but using a temp file during the tar process would be okay.

Thanks,

2. Using Linux to Produce Emergency Backups of Win95

3. Need help editing (sed) a file without changing the date of the file.

4. Edit file

5. I/O error mounting scsi-ide cd/rw

6. How to ftp a directory recursively without manually changing the permission of all files?

7. Managing Internet on System - help

8. How do I change a files's last modified date?

9. Q: How to preserve date of file when changing it's contents

10. grep'ng a du'd file

11. ftp'ing files after a given date

12. grep'ng a du'd file