.profile question

Post by cal » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 04:21:34

Hi there,
    I specify the login shell in my exec call but it doesn't execute my
.profile if I use sh shell. If I use ksh shell, then everything is fine. The
problem only occur in SUN8. Everything is fine in SUN7. Have any idea? thx

1. .profile questions

I'm running HP-UX 9.07 and I'm having a problem
with my .profile.  First when I bring up a new
hpterm my .profile is not executed and second when
I run it from the command line runs but then there
is a logout message and none of the settings stay.
Any help in this will be most appreciated.
--

John T. Shea

To reply remove the nospam from my address.

2. cracked -- i don't need this, an update

3. a .profile question about the xenix vsh

4. Solaris 7 and Solstice X25 9.1

5. HPUX 10.2 /etc/profile question

6. Help with uuencode.....

7. bash .profile questions