C Shell Help

Post by Chiu, King Yi » Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:00:00

In the C Shell, I saw some people can push the old history by the UP/DOWN
ARROW.

For example,
% history
1 ls
2 ls -l
3 pwd

When they pressed the UP ARROW, the command line will display the 'pwd'.  If
they press it again, it will change to 'ls -l'.  Of course, the command line
will display 'pwd' again if I press DOWN ARROW.  This feature is quite
similar the DOSKEY in DOS.  Is there anyone know how to setup this thing in
the UNIX.  Thanks!

C Shell Help

Post by Hans Georg Schaath » Tue, 21 Oct 1997 04:00:00

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997 09:55:51 -0700, Chiu, King Yin
: In the C Shell, I saw some people can push the old history by the UP/DOWN
: ARROW.

No, that's the Tenex Shell: tcsh; but it is csh compatible.

--
:-- Hans Georg           --- student of 'Life, the Universe and Everything'