tcsh 6.03 and AIX 3.2.3 (extended)

Post by Paul Tatars » Thu, 11 Feb 1993 10:34:39

I am having a weird problem with the 6.03 version of tcsh
which I had running on AIX 3.2.2. Today the sysadmin installed
3.2.3 (extended) and suddenly the old tcsh binary seems to
be having ioctl problems:

tcsetpgrp:Warning: no access to tty (Invalid argument).
Thus no job control in this shell.

Suspended (tty output)

tcsetpgrp is the POSIX process group setting call I guess.

This is mentioned in the FAQ as some ANSI problem with ioctl.h,
but I didn't think that applied, because I already had tcsh running
with no problems under 3.2.2. Recompiling under 3.2.3 didn't help.

I've mucked around in the code and I don't know what is going on,
although a routine called setdisc in tc.disc.c seems to be at the
heart of the matter. Tcsh porting wizards???

 UC Santa Cruz
 CIS/CE Board
 Technical Staff

1. tcsh 6.03 and AIX 3.2.3 (extended)

I am having a weird problem with the 6.03 version of tcsh
which I had running on AIX 3.2.2. Today the sysadmin installed
3.2.3 (extended) and suddenly the old tcsh binary seems to
be having ioctl problems:

tcsetpgrp:Warning: no access to tty (Invalid argument).
Thus no job control in this shell.

Suspended (tty output)

This is mentioned in the FAQ as some ANSI problem with ioctl.h,
but I didn't think that applied, because I already had tcsh running
with no problems under 3.2.2. Recompiling under 3.2.3 didn't help.

I've mucked around in the code and I don't know what is going on,
but it looks like the POSIX setpgid call for tcsh is not returning
quite what tcsh wants. Anyone having this same problem???

 UC Santa Cruz
 CIS/CE Board
 Technical Staff

2. atape 3590 - files

3. tcsh 6.03 for AIX 3.2

4. VNCserver not loading under RH5.2

5. tcsh 6.03 compile problem...

6. tex3.14 compilation on solaris2.1

7. TCSH 6.03 Bug Help!

8. 3.2.5 to 4.1.4 migration problem

9. Problem with TCSH 6.03 & 'dirs'

10. Tcsh 6.03 on Solaris 2.1 x86

11. Tcsh 6.03 problems on solaris 2.3

12. tcsh 6.03 isn't expanding wildcard characters on HP-UX 9.01

13. Arrow keys in hpterm (tcsh 6.03)?