stupid Monday question.

Post by David McCal » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:31:14

Easy way to find a files 'creation' date and time.

dmc

stupid Monday question.

Post by Barry Margoli » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:09:00

Quote:>Easy way to find a files 'creation' date and time.

Unix doesn't record that.  It only keeps the times of last access, last
modification, and last inode change.

--

Genuity, Woburn, MA

1. --stupid question but then there are no stupid questions--

        I'm a beginner here so, so far everything i read has gone
    way over my head. My problem is I got a script sent to me
    decoded or something like that. You are supposed to enter the
    data into a uudecode or something but I'm not sure how that's
    done. There's a program on the university's main menu that
    called UUDECODE but everytime I run it through it, it says it
    can't open the file. Comments ??????? Help ?

        eric

2. Stopping Reg program on CDE startup

3. BUY STOCKS ON MONDAY, I want to buy linux stock on Monday, what should I buy ?

4. Linux suxxxx

5. Stupid or not so stupid questions

6. question on making modules

7. Stupid, stupid question

8. 2nd try - need help: Linux installation crashes.

9. One stupid question and one not so stupid

10. REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS (not so stupid)

11. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

12. Stupid, stupid, stupid! FAT access rights...

13. stupid choice = another stupid newbie question