csh/tcsh book?

Post by Shinu Gup » Wed, 13 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi:

I recently saw an ad for csh/tcsh book from O'Reilly. Anyone know how good this
books is?

Shinu

csh/tcsh book?

Post by hamilton on B » Thu, 14 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>I recently saw an ad for csh/tcsh book from O'Reilly. Anyone know how good this
>books is?

Not as good as Anderson & Anderson's "The UNIX C Shell Field Guide",
Prentice Hall, 1986, ISBN 0-13-937468-X.  The Anderson & Anderson
book came out before tcsh was around, so it covers only csh, not
tcsh, but it's still the best book on the subject.

Regards,

Hamilton Laboratories, 21 Shadow Oak Drive, Sudbury, MA  01776-3165, USA

csh/tcsh book?

Post by Tom Christianse » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

In comp.unix.shell,

:Consequently, if you're interested in using csh for writing scripts,
:you'd be better off with the Anderson book.

Not to mention a boot to the head. :-)

--tom
--

    echo "ICK, NOTHING WORKED!!!  You may have to diddle the includes.";;
            --Larry Wall in Configure from the perl distribution

1. Help to find a good book on csh/tcsh to teach myself csh/tcsh script

   I need a good book on csh/tcsh to teach myself writing csh/tcsh scripts.
I will appreciate it if you tell me any book title you know being good on
this subject. Many thanks.

2. Problems with telenet

3. csh/kcsh/tcsh programming book/web site?

4. dr scheme

5. Good book for csh/tcsh?

6. change colour text

7. csh,tcsh and nameserver

8. Geode and Linux?

9. csh/tcsh question

10. Setting up a restricted csh/tcsh environment?

11. csh/tcsh closing FD's?

12. xterm titles in tcsh (or csh)