functions in csh scripts

Post by dann » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:43:41

Hello Unix users this is just a quick question.

Can function be used inside csh scripts, of the form

function()
{

Quote:}

Please tell me if this can be done in csh. I know how painful csh is,
but our lecturerer wanted us to experience this and gave us an
assignmnent using csh.

Thankyou

functions in csh scripts

Post by Derek M. Fly » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Hello Unix users this is just a quick question.

> Can function be used inside csh scripts, of the form

> function()
> {
> }

> Please tell me if this can be done in csh. I know how painful csh is,
> but our lecturerer wanted us to experience this and gave us an
> assignmnent using csh.

Then experience it.  Clearly they wanted you to decide for yourself.
I'll give you a hint --- the answer is "yes".  But there is a trick.

functions in csh scripts

Post by Peter Sundstro » Fri, 01 Sep 2000 07:58:30

>Hello Unix users this is just a quick question.

>Can function be used inside csh scripts, of the form

>function()
>{
>}

>Please tell me if this can be done in csh. I know how painful csh is,
>but our lecturerer wanted us to experience this and gave us an
>assignmnent using csh.

You lecturer must be a real *.

1. how to call csh scripts from inside other csh scripts

I've got a csh script that executes other csh scripts. The problem is that
despite the fact that all the scripts are in my path, if I do not copy the
scripts that are being called into the subdirectory where the master script
is executed, then the master script complains that it cannot find these other
scripts.

Is this something that's a part of csh, or is there a way to actually get this to work?

2. Where should I report a bug with an XFree86 app?

3. function call in csh script.

4. Remote killing a process without passing password

5. csh commands within csh scripts

6. icewm

7. Help to find a good book on csh/tcsh to teach myself csh/tcsh script

8. Q: IN2000 SCSI not working with CD-ROM

9. Name of the function/script that called the actual function?

10. Sourcing a csh script from a ksh script

11. exists any program (script) to port csh scripts to ksh

12. how to handle usig csh scripts from within bash/sh scripts?

13. Converting ksh scripts to csh scripts