ftp querry

Post by cs3313 » Wed, 11 Nov 1992 05:27:56

        Does anyone now of a shell script that would allow me to
continually query an ftp site for entrance.  Some sites only allow
very limited access, 1 or 2 people, and I'd like a program that
could just run along in the background.  Or one that I could
contrab at 3 in the morning and have it look around, and get things
that I select for the next night.  (Robocomm where are you? <grin>)
                                        Joe

ftp querry

Post by David Naumowi » Wed, 11 Nov 1992 06:48:06

>    Does anyone now of a shell script that would allow me to
>continually query an ftp site for entrance.  Some sites only allow
>very limited access, 1 or 2 people, and I'd like a program that
>could just run along in the background.  Or one that I could
>contrab at 3 in the morning and have it look around, and get things
>that I select for the next night.  (Robocomm where are you? <grin>)

There is a program called batchftp for unix systems.  With it you may
list the files you want (or which directories you want the contents of
for more specific selection later.) and have it execute in the
background.  It will keep trying the site at odd intervals (to prevent
2 copies from syncing) until it makes it through.  It will then get
the files/info.  It is very good.

I origonally found it at Simtel (quite awhile ago, actually). but
have since what it was origionally stored as (or even in which
directory...)  You might want to use archie to try to locate it...

I hope this helps...

Dave

--
"Just think...If hell really DID freeze    ...David Naumowicz

              -Shadow Thief on ISCA-bbs

1. unix querry

One my of users on my BBS has requested that I post the following message
for him. If anyone can help him, please do so.

Sandy   ......   XBBS  714-828-0288     ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
************************* His Message Is Below *******************************

I recently purchased a copy of Interactive System Corporation's
386/ix and am looking for other users of this product.  Given
the scant documentation and somewhat limited support that comes
with the package I'm sure that others are encountering the same
problems that I am finding.  I would like very much to establish
a forum where users of this product can share their experiences
and provide assistance to one another.

     My name is:

              Bob Stokesbary
              Centerpoint
              Suite A-135
              417 Associated Rd.
              Brea, CA   92621

It would be most convenient, however, if you would leave a message
on Sandy Zelkovitz's Bulletin Board in Cypress, CA   714/828-0288.

****************** End of Bob Stokesbary's Message **************************

2. setuid root / buffer overflows - stack smashing

3. sql querry from linux

4. How can I set up a news-server in Linux? Please help!

5. Bibliographic querry system?

6. Proxy Router?!?

7. linux querry

8. x86: ftp doesn't work

9. Querry

10. Apache Scripting Languages querry

11. Solaris ftp v Pro-ftp v WU-ftp

12. FTP: New Linux FTP site: ftp.kernel.org

13. Secure ftp, ftp over stunnel og ftp-ssl.