How to find out how many LOC's are added/modified between 2 files

--
Please remove capital Z's from my mail id while replying --> Tariq

Post by Nithyanandham » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 02:21:25

> How to find out how many LOC's are added/modified between 2 files

Use 'diff'' or 'comm' depending on your requirements.

--

Nithyanand.
Siemens, Bangalore, India.

Post by Tariq Firo » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:43:16

>> How to find out how many LOC's are added/modified between 2 files

> Use 'diff'' or 'comm' depending on your requirements.

> --

> Nithyanand.
> Siemens, Bangalore, India.
> (Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my
> employer, SIEMENS)

thankx man (i guess this much everyone knows ;-) ) , but what i need some
script which can sort according to date
en' all

Tariq
--

Post by Nithyanandham » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 00:54:32

> >> How to find out how many LOC's are added/modified between 2 files

> > Use 'diff'' or 'comm' depending on your requirements.
> thankx man (i guess this much everyone knows ;-) ) , but what i need some
> script which can sort according to date en' all

Your previous post
"How to find out how many LOC's are added/modified between 2 files"

This one:
"script which can sort according to date en' all"

Your requirement was not stated clear. How do you expect us to guess that
you need a "script which can sort according to date en' all", when you asked
"How to find out how many LOC's are added/modified between 2 _files_" before
?

--

Post by Jeremiah DeWitt Weine » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 01:41:05

> thankx man (i guess this much everyone knows ;-) ) , but what i need some
> script which can sort according to date
> en' all

        That would be kind of tough, given that individual lines in a file
are not usually marked with the date they were added.  Perhaps what you
want is a version control system, like CVS.

--
If mail to me bounces, try removing the "+STRING" part of the address.

Post by name is bon » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 12:54:46

>> > Use 'diff'' or 'comm' depending on your requirements.
>> thankx man (i guess this much everyone knows ;-) ) , but what i need some
>> script which can sort according to date en' all

> Your previous post
> "How to find out how many LOC's are added/modified between 2 files"

> This one:
> "script which can sort according to date en' all"

> Your requirement was not stated clear. How do you expect us to guess that
> you need a "script which can sort according to date en' all", when you
> asked "How to find out how many LOC's are added/modified between 2
> _files_" before ?

> --

> Nithyanand.
> Siemens, Bangalore, India.
> (Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my
> employer, SIEMENS)

sorry this was not my question (just helping a friend who
does not have newsgroup access)

, but anyway got the answer,

thankx
Tariq