pipe buffering

Post by Bruce Rams » Tue, 13 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I need some help! I need the buffers on a pipe to be cleared after each line
write. Is this possible because I have to have a ksh script piping data around
and it has to be in real time.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

  Hewlett-Packard Ltd.,              Voice        : +44 131 331 7071
  Telecom Systems Division
  South Queensferry
  Scotland
(My views in no way reflect the views of my company!)

1. pipe/buffer-command for buffering large amounts of I/O

I don't know whether this is just what you want, but maybe you could try:

        cp /dev/null FILE
        tail -f FILE | command_2 &
        command1  >> FILE

You did say that storing the data on the disk was acceptable.

I'm sending followups out of comp.lang.perl.misc.
--

2. CDROM changer - reading the other "drives"

3. Netscape V3

4. FIFO pipe buffer questions

5. Password aging information

6. pipe buffer size

7. Gated gives me error messages but still functions OK..??

8. Pipe buffering

9. How to elminate pipe buffering?

10. how to defeat pipe buffering?

11. pipe buffering in ksh?