Gui on a shell?!?

Post by Kevin Land » Mon, 02 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have a friend at a Univ. who has access through a unix shell. What
is the program needed to give a gui look to this and allow the use of
winsock apps? Thanks.

1. GUI for editing ASCI text files in a Unix shell?

I'm tired of trying to cope with vi and emacs to do simple text editting
of raw ascii files.  I would really like to be working in a graphical
environment to the UNix shells if possible.  At the University I use
NextStep GUI to the Net.  In fact, I am so spoiled that when I'm left
using unix commands in a UNIX "box" over my modem from home, I find that
I am wasting more time using things like ls,chmod, vi, etc. repititiously
all night long.  And I can't remember where in the root filesys
everyth9ing is:  Please help?

2. DOSEMU 0.52 with Linux patch level 46??

3. GUI vs. character shell designation

4. kernel 2.1.55 and genksyms

5. Java GUI for shell scripts

6. Linux on SiS 5571 chipset Mainboard

7. looking for a GUI for shell program.

8. How do I enable eth0 from SuSE rescue system?

9. GUI for shell scripting

10. anyone use Clix (X desktop) or Finesse (gui for shell scripts)?

11. Bash/shell programming + gui

12. GUI Shell wrappers

13. GUI access for shell scripts: the gtk-server