I NEED UNIX HELP!!!

Post by Mr. Joseph A. Finley » Tue, 21 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have inherited a position as a network admin.  This place has a Unix
Server---4.x & running only email at present & an ISDN line installed and a
block of IP addresses.  I know diddley about Unix.  Can anyone tell me the
feasability of me setting up a Unix server for WEB Hosting?  What steps should
I take?  What courses/classes/books would I need to put me in a position to
pull this off?  Would anyone out there be interested in consulting with me for

Thanx

I NEED UNIX HELP!!!

Post by James R. Mart » Sat, 25 Oct 1997 04:00:00

: I have inherited a position as a network admin.  This place has a Unix
: Server---4.x & running only email at present & an ISDN line installed and a
: block of IP addresses.  I know diddley about Unix.  Can anyone tell me the
: feasability of me setting up a Unix server for WEB Hosting?  What steps should
: I take?  What courses/classes/books would I need to put me in a position to
: pull this off?  Would anyone out there be interested in consulting with me for

: Thanx

Tough proposition... lied (er, exaggerated) on your resume?

The only reasonable solution I can give you is to purchase an
"Internet in a Box" Linux book (with CD-ROM) and carefully follow
the directions for installation.

--
james martin