lookinf for Flex.Lex and Bison/Yacc ...

Post by Carl Husi » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm looking for versions of Flex and Bison (or Lex and Yacc)
that run on a Wintel PC.  Although I haven't really used these
tools in the past, I have been givin a .l file, a .y file and some
C source tha thave been used in a Unix environment to create
a parser for WGL, and I've been taksed with porting this
parser to a PC.  Everything I've found on the web so far is
geared to Unix or Linux.  Do DOS/Windows versions of
these tools exist, and if so, can anyone point me to them?
We can purchase them if they are commercial instead of
freeware/shareware.

Carl Husic

Post by Ken Pizzi » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>I'm looking for versions of Flex and Bison (or Lex and Yacc)
>that run on a Wintel PC.  Although I haven't really used these
>tools in the past, I have been givin a .l file, a .y file and some
>C source tha thave been used in a Unix environment to create
>a parser for WGL, and I've been taksed with porting this
>parser to a PC.  Everything I've found on the web so far is
>geared to Unix or Linux.  Do DOS/Windows versions of
>these tools exist, and if so, can anyone point me to them?

First off (since this sounds like a one-shot deal):
if you have a unixish machine at your disposal you
may find it easier to just ship the .l/.y files to that
machine, run the flex/lex and bison/yacc programs there,
and ship the resulting .c and .h files to the PC.

But if you still need or want to run flex/bison on the
Wintel platform, there should be ports of these tools
in the DJGPP distributions.

                --Ken Pizzini

Post by Fredrik Roube » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I'm looking for versions of Flex and Bison (or Lex and Yacc) that run on
> a Wintel PC.

You should be able to compile Flex and Bison (found on ftp.gnu.ai.mit.edu)
for Windows using the Cygnus port of the GNU C compiler with it's special
support libraries to ease porting UNIX applications to Win32:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

If you look around the Cygnus webpages and related newsgroups and mailing
lists you might even find pre-compiled binaries of Flex and Bison. Quite a
lot of standard UNIX tools are ported to Win32 using Cygwin.

H?lsningar // Fredrik Roubert

--

http://www.efd.lth.se/~d95fr/         SE-222 40 Lund

Post by Tim J Goodw » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>But if you still need or want to run flex/bison on the
>Wintel platform, there should be ports of these tools
>in the DJGPP distributions.

Alternatively, there's the CygWin environment.  See

    http://www.veryComputer.com/

Tim.
--
Tim Goodwin   | "You don't need to do * in order to
University of | think that the government's policies are

1. Object-oriented lex(flex) and yacc(bison) for c++?

I'm interested in using lex and yacc to implement a parser for one of
my projects, and would really like to know if there's something out
there that facilitates something a little easier to incorperate it into
my c++ code.  I'd like to have a Parser class, which uses the two
utilities.  What's out there that might help, or be of interest?

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated...

[I prefer email responses, since I don't have time to read news often.]

-Christian

2. firewall

3. flex/lex/bison/yacc parser for C ?

4. Disaster Recovery Preparation

5. Yacc/Lex vs Bison/Flex

6. Help - Mini-Linux Swapfile

7. lex/flex and yacc/bison

8. Mandrake 9.0 A sniffer is probably running on your system

9. lexer/parser generators other than lex/yacc/flex/bison

10. Lex (Flex) and Yacc (or Bison) questions.

11. flex/bison(lex/yacc) help needed.

12. flex,lex,yacc & bison doc???

13. Lex/Yacc Substitute (not bison/flex)