GUI Shell wrappers

Post by merl.. » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am looking for a viable X11/motif GUI wrapper for korn shell scripts.
I've only come across a few, and they are now either no longer supported
(GGUI) or not entirely sufficient (finesse). There used to be an
application internally at IBM called ezwindows which had the ability to
wrap perl/korn/C/rexx scripts, but I can't find it anywhere.

Is anyone aware of any development going on to this end? I am attempting
to transform our many korn shell scripts, without rewriting them all in
Tcl/Tk or the like.

Any suggestions helpfull.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
David Ernwine

GUI Shell wrappers

Post by Chris Costell » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I am looking for a viable X11/motif GUI wrapper for korn shell scripts.
> I've only come across a few, and they are now either no longer supported
> (GGUI) or not entirely sufficient (finesse). There used to be an
> application internally at IBM called ezwindows which had the ability to
> wrap perl/korn/C/rexx scripts, but I can't find it anywhere.

   If you have CDE, try dtksh.

GUI Shell wrappers

Post by brian hile » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>> I am looking for a viable X11/motif GUI wrapper for korn shell scripts.
>> I've only come across a few, and they are now either no longer supported
>> (GGUI) or not entirely sufficient (finesse). There used to be an
>> application internally at IBM called ezwindows which had the ability to
>> wrap perl/korn/C/rexx scripts, but I can't find it anywhere.
>    If you have CDE, try dtksh.

No. If he is developing Tk/tcl frontends, let him investigate tksh first.

www.kornshell.com (under the "Software" link)

-Brian

GUI Shell wrappers

Post by Chris Costell » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>>> I am looking for a viable X11/motif GUI wrapper for korn shell scripts.
>>    If you have CDE, try dtksh.
> No. If he is developing Tk/tcl frontends, let him investigate tksh first.

   He was asking about Motif, not Tk.

1. GUI "wrapper" toolkits... Any favorites ?

Net.window-whizzes:

I need to wrap TTY-based interactive tools for use under X11R5 (preferably
OSF/Motif).  Does anybody out in netland have advice regarding
good/bad tools to do this wrapping.  I might be dreaming but what I am
looking for is something akin to the NeXT interface-builder stuff where
I can do prototyping interactively on the screen. Any info. no matter
how apparently insignificant will be treasured, I promise :-)

Please reply via email and I shall summarize if there's interest...

fmb

(PS: one of the tools is GDB, is there a good Motif wrapper that
actually _works_ ? I tried mxgdb on both a DGUX and IBM RS6000 and
it dumped core on both machines...)

--
Standard High-Tech Disclaimer: NOTHING  in the above article has the slightest
relationship to reality. If any reality correspondences are found, please

2. Win2k ICS to use with linux (Knoppix)

3. GUI Wrapper for Solaris Packages ?

4. I blewup /etc/passwd !?!

5. terminal servers

6. tcp wrappers (TCP/IP daemon wrapper)

7. Upgrading Redhat Linux 8

8. question about C shell wrapper script

9. Console saver (shell wrapper)

10. Shell script wrapper to remove command options

11. question about C shell wrapper

12. shell (wrapper) that denies network logins?