tcsh 8bit bindkey syntax?

Post by Duane Fowl » Thu, 16 Jun 1994 04:03:27

With the old "bind" command you could specify meta bindings using
M-<char>, so your .tcshrc wasn't filled with

        bindkey \nnn function

lines, and you didn't have to figure out what sequence was represented by \nnn.

Is there something similar for "bindkey"??  I can't figure it out if there is,
and the man page doesn't say anything about it.

Thanks

1. tcsh not reading bindkey from .cshrc

Well I can't figure it out, I restart my shell and my keybindings are gone.
If I implicitly source .cshrc it works though. Which is *wierd* in -v mode
it shows its reading all my settings in .cshrc

--
Thamer Al-Herbish

2. Help wanted using Seagate drive and BIOS extension

3. Help tcsh, bindkey

4. How to compile static binaries with gcc ?

5. Tcsh Bindkey -- Home/End

6. how can i change windowmanager?

7. Help: can't get bindkey to work in Tcsh...

8. Solaris port of BSD telnetd patched

9. : bindkey in tcsh

10. tcsh bindkey wont work in login script

11. tcsh bindkey in .cshrc -- how?

12. tcsh - bindkey

13. tcsh: bindkey for arrow keys