tcsh bindkey in .cshrc -- how?

Post by George Planans » Mon, 14 Jan 1991 15:19:25

On our sun 3's (4.03) tcsh (Cornell) 11/10/90 options 8b,el,dl,al,
the 4 sun keyboard arrow keys are all bound to up-history notwithstanding
them man pages description of these bindings.

Using bindkey, I can rebind these keys just find from the command line.
If I put the bindkey commands in .cshrc, however, they don't work at
all -- unless I source .cshrc from the command line.

Why doesn't bindkey work in .cshrc?
How do I do what I want?

--
George Planansky
Atmospheric & Environmental Research

tcsh bindkey in .cshrc -- how?

Post by Kartik Subbar » Tue, 15 Jan 1991 09:04:53

>On our sun 3's (4.03) tcsh (Cornell) 11/10/90 options 8b,el,dl,al,
>the 4 sun keyboard arrow keys are all bound to up-history notwithstanding
>them man pages description of these bindings.

>Using bindkey, I can rebind these keys just find from the command line.
>If I put the bindkey commands in .cshrc, however, they don't work at
>all -- unless I source .cshrc from the command line.

>Why doesn't bindkey work in .cshrc?
>How do I do what I want?

You sure that you don't have a .tcshrc in your home directory? If it
exists, tcsh will source it instead of a .cshrc.

                        -Kartik
--
internet# ls -alR | grep *.c

1. tcsh not reading bindkey from .cshrc

Well I can't figure it out, I restart my shell and my keybindings are gone.
If I implicitly source .cshrc it works though. Which is *wierd* in -v mode
it shows its reading all my settings in .cshrc

--
Thamer Al-Herbish

2. Hints on how to start X-windows

3. Help tcsh, bindkey

4. writing a usefull 'ps'

5. Tcsh Bindkey -- Home/End

6. PPP Problem - need help urgently please!

7. Help: can't get bindkey to work in Tcsh...

8. how to configure ISA PnP modem??

9. : bindkey in tcsh

10. tcsh bindkey wont work in login script

11. tcsh - bindkey

12. tcsh 8bit bindkey syntax?

13. tcsh: bindkey for arrow keys