need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

Post by Vinay Kuma » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:49:17

Friends,
I need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users. Like user1
should be able to su to user2 but not user3 and user4.Iam sure one needs to
use sudo to achieve this. Is there any other way other than role based
access control lists and sudo. iam running Solaris 8.0
I tried to configure this in suo but somehow it doesntseem to work. Any
clue?
Thanks in advance
Kumar

1. need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

Friends,
I need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users. Like user1
should be able to su to user2 but not user3 and user4.Iam sure one needs to
use sudo to achieve this. Is there any other way other than role based
access control lists and sudo. iam running Solaris 8.0
I tried to configure this in suo but somehow it doesntseem to work. Any
clue?
Thanks in advance
Kumar

2. help with bash functions Unix

3. need to restrict users from doing a su to a selected group of users

4. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 2 of 6)

5. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)

6. Asus v3400 Riva TNT

7. restricting login (passwd) to selected users

8. mcopidl missing

9. Restricting selected users from mailing/uucp-ing TO a remote machine

10. restricting user account to console or su access

11. restrict users to su "root" on Solaris 2.3

12. Restricting su to user

13. restricting su to root for users under solaris 2.3