Script failing with cryptic non-usefull message

Script failing with cryptic non-usefull message

Post by Harry Putna » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:50:51

The script in question is a mail and news fetching script that runs
emacs in batch mode.  When run from the command line it gives no
errors and it works.  Not quoting the script here just the pertinent
line and error output when run from a crontab file.
The script itself sets and extensive PATH.  So that shouldn't be an
issue.

Not actually clear if it totally fails.  Some things its supposed to
do seem to get done.

This question is not about the emacs command itself which is correct
and known to work.

emacs -q --no-site-file -batch -l \
 ~/.emacs-dir/batch-fetch.el -f lars-fetch-news

Works.

Error message:

/home/reader/scripts/fe.sh: line 47: 28765 I/O possible
        emacs -q --no-site-file -batch -l \
~/.emacs-dir/batch-fetch.el -f lars-fetch-news

All on one line in the error output.  That is line 47 in toto.  It is
a command line batch command for emacs and is correct when run from
the command line.

What does the `I/O possible' tell us? I'm guessing the `28765' is the
process number.

1. patchadd fails on non-global non-sparse non-running zones

Anyone seen this?  I'm pretty sure this used to work.  But I just ran
'smpatch update -L' on a machine with about 6 non-sparse (ie, no
inherit-pkg-dir setting) zones and some of the patches worked, but
some of them failed in the non-running zones.  The log messages
complain about read only filesystem problems, eg:

pkgadd: ERROR: unable to create unique temporary file </usr/lib/inet/inetdC5a4go>: (30) Read-only file system

Also, how do I recover from this?  smpatch thinks the patches are applied,
since it worked in the global zone.

thanks
-frank

2. Warning: Red Hat 6.0 upgrade: mistake in RH Installation Guide

3. Seeking non-cryptic Unix editor

4. Linux 2.0.0 <> Win95 OSR2 LILO Problem i think

5. Cryptic SCSI error messages

6. mirror.pl 2.4, is there anything better or newer available?

7. Cryptic boot-messages.

8. File permissions for Apache Webserver on solaris

9. OPENWIN dumps core: Cryptic Font Message

10. Cryptic DIP error message

11. Cryptic message from Cron

12. cryptic DIP error message

13. Yet abother cryptic NCSA error message