shells

Post by david » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:48:57

http://www.kontashellowe.prv.pl/

1. Bourne Shell compatible shells (was: Request: which shells)

Me too :-)

I also had some problems with smail and make depend. Don't remember how I
fixed them.

I also detected two other problems with bash 1.12:

 - it wouldn't run the Configure script of trn 3.0 (beta). This will be
   fixed in bash 1.13, but the Configure script has already changed so that
   it works with bash 1.12 too.

 - it does something wrong with passing $* from other shell scripts which are
   included by the `.' command. I detected this when INN 1.4 rejected all
   newgroup messages.

The pdksh I have (4.7) is absolutely unuseable for running Configure
scripts. Try the following script with pdksh 4.7 with two or more parameters:

        #!/bin/ksh

Zsh gives also problems with Configure scripts.

I use tcsh as interactive shell and bash as /bin/sh substitute because bash
is the more-or-less Bourne shell compatible shell which runs most of the
(Configure) scripts I have.  Running Configure scripts (sometimes >100Kb) is
a real good test for testing /bin/sh compatibility of shells.

Arjan

--

2. ftp

3. shells shells shells

4. Mcafee Virus Software! HA!

5. handling SIGINT in shell scripts when executing another shell script.

6. ATI Rage LT Pro Problem

7. UNIX shell differences and how to change your shell (Monthly Posting)

8. jni symbol resolution problem

9. killing a shell that has a running child shell

10. Changing from the Bourne shell to C-shell

11. UNIX shell differences and how to change your shell (Monthly Posting)

12. Trying to run nohup from Korn shell but getting Bourne shell errors