How to enable SMTP socket to send email to other email system

How to enable SMTP socket to send email to other email system

Post by Chris Kwa » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

As Title !

--

 \\\//
<|o-o|>

URL   : http://start.at/Badminton_World ()
        http://come.to/Palm_Novels      (Palm Pilot )

ICQ#  : 4051768
        8725979

Post by Albert Ta » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> As Title !

Ask yourself the following questions:

1. Is your system configured to run sendmail?
2. Is sendmail properly configured and running?
3. Does the line "smtp 25/tcp" exist in your /etc/services?

--Albert

How to enable SMTP socket to send email to other email system

Post by Bo X » Mon, 01 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have a HP-Unix workstation. The problem is that I can send emails to
only the addresses which are OUTSIDE the DNS domain of my workstation. For
example, if the domain name of my workstation is a.b, then I can use the
"mail" or "sendmail" commands to send emails to all the  addresses

Can anybody help me? Thanks, Ping

Post by Matt Steinhof » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I have a HP-Unix workstation. The problem is that I can send emails to
> only the addresses which are OUTSIDE the DNS domain of my workstation. For
> example, if the domain name of my workstation is a.b, then I can use the
> "mail" or "sendmail" commands to send emails to all the  addresses

your local mail delivery agent improperly configured. Since it's only
used to deliver email on the local machine, it wouldn't affect email
sent off-machine through sendmail.

     Matt