bash dumps core

Post by Per Spillin » Fri, 15 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a problem with bash both on Solaris 2.4 x86 and SunOS 4.1.4.
Sometimes when I do "cd" I get a core dump (+/- 20 Mbytes !). The
following message is then displayed on the console:

  send sig: bad signal stack pid=183, sig=11
  sigsp=0xef7ff6c8, action=0xef77bba0, upc=0xffcc

I have tried both bash v.1.14.5 and 1.14.3. This problem makes bash
almost unusable for me :-(.

Thanks in advance for any input on how to solve this problem.
--
o---------------------------------------------------o
) Per Spilling, BSO/Origin, The Netherlands         (

o---------------------------------------------------o

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. password length

3. dump core or not dump core

4. HP Printing Problem & Printing.HOWTO can't help!!!

5. core dumps core dumps everywhere...

6. Azt3000 / Packard Bell Sound III

7. bash for solaris dumps core, invalid ELF header

8. Where can I find sz source code?

9. bash core dump problem

10. Limit core dump sizes in bash?

11. bash not core dumping, trying to solve it

12. How to limit core dump sizes in Bash?

13. RH 7.2 bash/tcsh core dump